"All Lips Go Blue", the new single from Finnish "love metallers" HIM, can be streamed in the YouTube clip below. A music video for the song will be helmed by Eugene Riecansky, a multi-award-winning director and animation and motion graphics who has previously worked on music clips for Madonna and THE PRODIGY, directed television commercials for MUSE, MTV Europe and MASTODON, and worked with international partners such as Warner Brother Records and the BBC.HIM's new album, "Tears On Tape", will be released on April 30 via Razor & Tie in North America and on April 29 through DoubleCross (Cooking Vinyl's specialist rock imprint) in the U.K. and Ireland. The "love metal" act's eighth official album was recorded at Helsinki's Finnvox Studios with longtime producer Hiili Hiilesmaa (APOCALYPTICA, AMORPHIS, MOONSPELL) and was mixed in London, England by Tim Palmer, who previously helmed 2005's "Dark Light" and 2007's "Venus Doom". "Tears On Tape" track listing: 01. Unleash The Red
02. All Lips Go Blue
03. Love Without Tears
04. I Will Be The End Of You
05. Tears On Tape
06. Into The Night
07. Hearts At War
08. Trapped In Autumn
09. No Love
10. Drawn & Quartered
11. Lucifer's Chorale
13. Kiss The Void HIM has launched fan pre-order bundles for "Tears On Tape". Unique items featured in the various bundles include a limited-edition HIM poster, an album cover T-shirt, a "snake" T-shirt (available for both men and women), a HIM hoodie, and two different colored vinyl pressings. All bundles include a "Tears On Tape" digital album download, a poster tube, a "Tears On Tape" CD or Vinyl, and an "instant gratification" download of a brand-new version of "When Love And Death Embrace" (recorded live in-studio during the recording sessions for the new album).
The first 2000 orders will receive the deluxe digipak edition of "Tears On Tape" featuring a bonus DVD with five new in-studio videos recorded specifically for this album release. Order now at him.merchnow.com.
In addition to the 13 new tracks, the very exclusive and very limited "fanpack", presented by Metal Hammer magazine and DoubleCross Records features some not-to-be-found-anywhere-else content. Exclusively available from April 29 for four weeks, it comes with a bespoke 132-page magazine edited by frontman Ville Valo himself that plays as the ultimate sleeve notes to the album, including:
* Full studio album + 2 bonus tracks ("Buried Alive By Love" and "The Kiss Of Dawn" recorded live in the studio)
* Giant double-sided door poster
* Exclusive interviews with Ville Valo and all members of HIM
* An extended track-by-track guide to "Tears On Tape"
* An interview with the architects behind the sound of "love metal" Hiili Hiilesmaa and Tim Palmer
* A detailed guide to HIM's extensive back catalog
* The true, exclusive story of the Heartagram
* An exclusive gallery from the band's own private collections
* Interviews by the band with as assortment of their own heroes The album's artwork, which artist Daniel P. Carter describes as having come about via "a series of strange coincidences involving Lee Dorrian, sacred geometry and the ramblings of a madman," is revealed below. HIM's current lineup is Ville Valo (vocals), Mikko "Linde" Lindström (guitar), Mikko "Migé" Paananen (bass), Janne "Burton" Puurtinen (keyboards), and Mika "Gas" Karppinen (drums). The band is managed by Seppo Vesterinen at Hinterland, Inc. and represented for U.S. touring by Justin Hirschman/AGI.