Canadian hard rock veterans HELIX have set "Smash Hits Unplugged" as the title of their acoustic album, tentatively due in November. The CD was recorded at A Studios in London, Ontario with co-producer Aaron Murray and is comprised of "all our hits plus the JAMES LEROY song 'A Touch of Magic' which I've always wanted to record," states singer Brian Vollmer. He adds, "Sean Kelly (CRASH KELLY), Aaron Murray, and myself are the producers. Sean also played some guitar on it along with Brent (Doerner) and Kaleb (Duck). We're using such diverse instruments as mandolin and fiddle, plus all sorts of different percussion instruments. It's been great fun so far and we're very happy with the results.""Smash Hits Unplugged" track listing: * Rock You
* Heavy Metal Love
* Gimme Gimme Good Lovin'
* Make Me Do (Anything You Want)
* Wild In The Streets/No Rest For The Wicked
* Deep Cuts The Knife
* The Kids Are All Shakin'
* Dream On
* That Day Is Gonna Come
* Good To The Last Drop
* A Touch of Magic (JAMES LEROY cover) As previously reported, HELIX is putting together a compilation album consisting of songs that were released between 2000 and 2010, including three tracks that originally appeared on singer Brian Vollmer's solo album. The track listing for this CD is tentatively as follows: * I'm A Live Frankenstein
* X-Ray Eyes
* King Of The Hill
* Get Up!
* Fill Your Head With Rock
* Cyberspace Girl
* The Animal Inside
* Make 'Em Dance
* Hung Over (But Still Hanging In) Bonus tracks: * The William Tell Overture
* It's a Long Way To The Top If You Wanna Rock N' Roll (AC/DC cover)
"Monday Morning Meltdown", the latest video from HELIX, can be viewed below. The clip was shot earlier this year with director Francis Coral Mellon of RedDustFilms.net. It was produced and edited by Brent Doerner, with additional cameras by Pat Portelance. "Monday Morning Meltdown" comes off HELIX's latest album, "Vagabond Bones", which was released in Canada via Universal/Fontana and in the U.S. through Perris Records. Vocalist Brian Vollmer collaborated with Sean Kelly (CRASH KELLY) on material for the CD, which was mixed by engineer Aaron Murray. HELIX has been active in the past several years with several releases. The band's previous collection of original material, "The Power of Rock and Roll", came out in 2007.