'Heavy Fundametalisms: Music, Metal & Politics' Book Available For Free Download
A brand new e-book entitled "Heavy Fundametalisms: Music, Metal & Politics" is available for free download as a PDF file at this location. Written by an international team of academics who also happen to be metal fans, the book was edited by Rosemary Hill and Karl Spracklen. Topics covered include:
* Metal Community and Aesthetics of Identity
* Living for Music, Dying for Life: The Self-Destructive Lifestyle in the Heavy Metal Culture
* The Common Vernacular of Power Relations in Heavy Metal and Christian Fundamentalist Performances
* Scandinavian Metal Attack: The Power of Northern Europe in Extreme Metal
* White Power, Black Metal and Me: Reflections on Composing the Nation
* Machine Guns and Machine Gun Drums: Heavy Metal's Portrayal of War
* "Den Mothers" and "Band Whores": Gender, Sex and Power in the Death Metal Scene
* "I'm a Metalhead": The Representation of Women Letter Writers in Kerrang!
* Gorgoroth's Gaahl's Gay! Power, Gender and the Communicative Discourse of the Black Metal Scene
* Communication Function in the Estonian Metal Subculture
* Louder Than Hell: Power, Volume and the Brain
* Dissonance and Dissidents: the Flattened Supertonic Within and Without of Heavy Metal music.
* Intelligent Equalisation Principles and Techniques for Minimising Masking when Mixing the Extreme Modern Metal Genre
To comment on a
story or review, you must be logged in to an active personal account on Facebook. Once you're logged in, you will be able to comment. User comments or postings do not reflect the viewpoint of
does not endorse, or guarantee the accuracy of, any user comment. To report spam or any abusive, obscene, defamatory, racist, homophobic or threatening comments, or anything that may violate any applicable laws, use the "Report to Facebook" and "Mark as spam" links that appears next to the comments themselves. To do so, click the downward arrow on the top-right corner of the Facebook comment (the arrow is invisible until you roll over it) and select the appropriate action. You can also send an e-mail to blabbermouthinbox(@)gmail.com with pertinent details.
reserves the right to "hide" comments that may be considered offensive, illegal or inappropriate and to "ban" users that violate the site's Terms Of Service. Hidden comments will still appear to the user and to the user's Facebook friends. If a new comment is published from a "banned" user or contains a blacklisted word, this comment will automatically have limited visibility (the "banned" user's comments will only be visible to the user and the user's Facebook friends).