Jägermeister U.K. conducted an interview with GOD SEED/ex-GORGOROTH frontman Gaahl (real name: Kristian Espedal) when GOD SEED played at the Damnation Festival on November 2 at Leeds University Union in Leeds, United Kingdom. You can now watch the chat below.GOD SEED's debut album, "I Begin", was released in October 2012 via Indie Recordings. The CD was written, arranged and recorded between the fall of 2009 and May 2012. The group laid down 11 new songs which "show the band from a different side but well-rooted in what Gaahl and King are known for in the past," according to a press release. "I Begin" is available as a limited embossed deluxe digipack with bonus tracks, and as regular CD. GOD SEED is: * Tom Cato Visnes (a.k.a. King) (TEMPLE OF THE BLACK MOON, OV HELL, GORGOROTH) - Bass
* Kristian Espedal (a.k.a. Gaahl) (GORGOROTH, TRELLDOM, WARDRUNA) - Vocals
* Stian "Sir" Kårstad (TRELLDOM, DJERV) - Guitar
* Kenneth Kapstad (MOTORPSYCHO) - Drums
* Geir Bratland (DIMMU BORGIR) – Keyboards, Noise
* Lust Kilman (THE BATALLION, GRIMFIST) - Guitar Commented King: "All members of GOD SEED have been carefully picked for their musical skills and devoted personalities. We aim to release an album which will sound different than what we have done in the past. The new members have been very important for creating a sound that hopefully will come across as unique and defining the new GOD SEED sound. From this moment, GOD SEED should not be viewed as a duo anymore, but as a band with six members."
GOD SEED's "Live At Wacken" DVD and CD was released in January 2012 via Indie Recordings. "Live At Wacken" includes footage of the group's infamous live show from the 2008 edition of the Wacken Open Air festival in Wacken, Germany where they performed on the main stage in front of 75,000 screaming fans. The effort features session players Nick Barker (drums) and Ice Dale (guitar) alongside King and Gaahl. GOD SEED came to life after Gaahl and King lost a court battle in early 2009 against guitarist Infernus (real name: Roger Tiegs) over the rights to the GORGOROTH band name.
Commented King: "GOD SEED represents a more spiritual side to us than what GORGOROTH did. GOD SEED represents the will to grow; the will to be the super man, so to speak. I think it's a suitable name for what we will represent in the future. I am also aware of the fact that we use the word 'God' in the name. It will challenge the weak-minded in the respect that we in the past used the word Satan a lot, but it's all about the same thing. The God within man, and the God within nature. I never believed in a Christian force named Satan. I believe in the God within man." Gaahl left GOD SEED in 2009 because he chose to retire from metal music, but has since rejoined the group. Interview: