Legendary Swedish grindcore merchants GENERAL SURGERY have posted the following message on their official web site:"Just to let you know, the time is drawing near. That's right, we're entering the studio to record our first full-length album which we cleverly enough have entitled 'Left Hand Pathology'. We know, it's thoroughly stupid, but lowbrow morons that we are, we still find it hilarious in our own special way. "As we've mentioned, the album will be recorded at the newly rebuilt Off Beat Studio just outside Stockholm. Mastering duties will be handled by Peter In De Betou at Tailor Maid mastering facilities. The artwork is currently being put together by Dr Sykes himself, and it looks quite spectacular indeed. Look forward to something really different for this particular genre. Well, we can pretend it's different and special, since nobody will say otherwise. Nobody whose opinion matters anyhow. Either that or we'll just stick our fingers in our ears, thus not hearing any criticism, legitimate (yeah, right) or otherwise. Rest assured it won't be totally generic. "Some 15 or 16 tracks are slated to appear on this monstrous release, and to keep things interesting we've opted for a slightly different tracklist on the CD and LP versions, which also gives us an opportunity to milk this cash cow for all it's worth.
Here's a list of songs we intend to record, in no particular order: 01. Arterial Spray Obsession
02. Capricious Provisional Cadaver Grater
03. Autopsy Induced Amnesia
04. The Admirable Teachings of Burke & Hare
06. Mucopurulent Mayhem
07. Ambulance Chaser
08. Convivial Corpse Disposal Methodology
09. If These Walls Could Talk
10. Viva! Blunt Force Trauma
12. Mortuary Wars
13. Cold Storage Fever
14. The League of Extraordinary Grave Robbers
15. Decomposer "If we by some strange coincidence manage to stay coherent enough, you will get some kind of studio updates as we progress. Hopefully they'll be more informative than 'I'm incredibly drunk and I swear to fucking Christ I'll kill the entire band as soon as I get the chance,' which is what you'd most likely see if Dr. McWilliams gets a chance to document his musings. Hopefully we'll manage to keep him securely sedated and away from any computers during this period. We're also going to try to document as much of the proceedings as possible on video and still pictures. Be very afraid. On a side note, if we're lucky, one of our previous vocalists might appear as a special guest on a cover song. You'll just have to wait and see if it works out or not. In other news, we're preparing a smaller European tour in late March/early April next year with Italian gore-hounds GRIMNESS 69. As soon as the list of dates is complete, we'll announce the tour."