BLABBERMOUTH.NET has received the folowing statement from bassist King ov Hell (real name: Tom Cato Visnes) and vocalist Gaahl (real name: Kristian Espedal) regarding the latest developments in their legal dispute with guitarist Infernus over the rights to the GORGOROTH band name:"Regarding the recent court case over the use of the name GORGOROTH, Gaahl and King confirm that parts of the verdict have been decided and went in favor of Infernus. This is only a partial verdict on the case. Because of the complexity of this case, there will be further court hearings and the final verdict will be announced within a few weeks.
"The judge came to the conclusion that it is impossible to kick out an original member even if he doesn't contribute musically or lyrically. The judge also states that one can't kick an original member out of a band even if that member performs actions which are viewed as disrespectful towards promoters, session members and other working partners. "Gaahl and King wish Infernus the best of luck using the banner of GORGOROTH on his art.
"Gaahl and King will still present the art they are known for creating in GORGOROTH albeit under another banner. The new name will be announced shortly." Infernus (real name: Roger Tiegs) filed a lawsuit against King ov Hell in September 2008 claiming that King (the sixth bass player in GORGOROTH's history) went behind his back in September 2007 and secretly applied for trademark protection of the GORGOROTH bandname and logo, which Infernus had been using since 1992. The witnesses that testified in court — besides Infernus, Gaahl and King Ov Hell themselves — during the January 28-30 trial in Oslo, Norway were as follows: * Torgrim Øyre (former GORGOROTH member, booking manager at Hole In The Sky Festival)
* Anders Odden (ex-CELTIC FROST, CADAVER INC.)
* Tormentor (former GORGOROTH member, now member of the Infernus lineup)
* Espen Solheim Røhne (Norwegian distributor Indie Distribution, who has sided with Gaahl and King Ov Hell)
* Per Gyllenbäck (Regain Records, who has sided with Infernus)
* Asbjørn Slettemark (from Norwegian music industry magazine Faro Journalen)
* Gro Narvestad (Inferno Festival) Gaahl and King entered the studio on August 25, 2008 in the their hometown of Bergen, Norway to begin recording eight new tracks composed by the bassist for an as-yet-untitled new album. Along with Gaahl, King and Frost (SATYRICON) on drums, the full recording lineup includes Teloch (guitar) and Ice Dale (guitar). ENSLAVED's Herbrand Larsen once again produced the band in the studio. Fan-filmed video footage of the Gaahl-fronted version of GORGOROTH performing on December 19, 2008 in Munich, Germany can be viewed below (clip uploaded by "eblinternational").