Magna Carta Records has set a February 10 release date for "Guitars That Ate My Brain", a collection of a dozen mind-altering instrumentals from today's most accomplished metal axe grinders. According to a press release, the CD is "a twelve-headed hydra of monster guitar riffage that slashes, shreds and gnaws its way into your very psyche — rides the lightning with enough electrifying precision to scorch and scramble your gray matter. Despite the shifting tempos and uniquely frightening technical prowess of these speed demons, a strange cohesion connects the disparate (some might call them distressing) tracks on this mammoth compilation, as if these explosive, multi-layered instrumentals were largely the work of one multi-dimensional (and quite disturbed) musical personality. In other words, true metal madness."
"Guitars That Ate My Brain" track listing:
01. Paul Waggoner (BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME) - "Boot Dagger Boogie"
02. Kris Norris (DARKEST HOUR) - "The Life and Times of Sir Walter Sickert"
03. Dave Martone - "Hybrid Angels"
04. Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal (GUNS N' ROSES) - "Disengaged"
05. Eyal Levi and Emil Werstler (DAATH) - "The Unwavering Collapse"
06. Shane Gibson (KORN) - "Artichoke Samurai"
07. Devin Townsend (STRAPPING YOUNG LAD) - "Nerd Alert"
08. Chris Poland (OHM, MEGADETH) - "L.D.E."
09. Ola Frenning and Christofer Malmström (SOILWORK / DARKANE) - "Hydra"
10. Mike Orlando - "Stomped"
11. James Murphy (TESTAMENT) - "Six Shooter"
12. Hugues Lefebvre and Yann Mouhad (ANTHROPIA) - "Schrödinger's Cat Paradox"
For more information, visit www.myspace.com/guitarsthatatemybrain.