"Blodsvept", the title track of the sixth album from Finnish metal marauders FINNTROLL, can be streamed using the SoundCloud player below. The follow-up to 2010's "Nifelvind" was recorded at Sonic Pump Studios in Helsinki and was mastered by Mika Jussila at Finnvox Studios. FINNTROLL's Henri "Trollhorn" Sorvali and his bandmates produced the album themselves, while the CD cover artwork was handled by FINNTROLL guitar player Samuli "Skyrmer" Ponsimaa.
"Blodsvept" will be released via Century Media Records on the following dates:
* Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Finland, Norway: Friday, March 22
* Spain, Italy: Tuesday, March 26
* Sweden, Hungary: Wednesday, March 27
* Rest Of Europe: Monday, March 25
* Australia, New Zealand: Friday, March 29
* USA, Canada: Tuesday, April 2
"Blodsvept" track listing:
02. Ett Folk Förbannat
03. När Jättar Marschera
05. Rösets Kung
06. Skövlarens Död
09. Tva Ormar
11. Midvinterdraken Check out the cover artwork below. In regards to the new album, FINNTROLL commented on their studio blog: "Combining our trademark sound with even more influences from non- traditional genres in metal music, we have created 11 songs which show you everything we want to offer. And boy, wasn't that one of the hardest tasks for some time. After all, how do you keep your sound fresh, yet familiar, after 6 albums and 15 years? "At some point, we were afraid that the songs are not melodic enough. Then we started to fear they became too melodic. Then we let the songs rest for a while and molded them more in a way that the non-melodic stuff got something to hum with, and the cheesy pop songs were arranged more stripped and aggressive. We were confident, yet sometimes scared what will people think of the stuff we've been doing so hard. What if they hate it? That would be fine, but if they would hate it because the material was uninspiring, boring and done-to-death, that would be a huge disappointment. So, we kept pushing and tried to keep it fresh all the time, while still having the 'this has to be FINNTROLL because no other band sounds this insane' — grinning going on."
Fan-filmed video footage of FINNTROLL performing the brand new song "När Jättar Marschera" during their November 3, 2012 concert in Giessen, Germany as part of this year's Heidenfest tour can be seen below. FINNTROLL in 2011 released a special tour edition of their latest album, "Nifelvind". The digipak tour edition came with new artwork by the band's guitarist, Skrymer, and an extra CD including three brand-new cover versions: "Insects" (OINGO BOINGO), "Can You Forgive Her?" (PET SHOP BOYS) and "The God That Failed" (METALLICA). The cover versions were recorded and mixed at Sonic Pump Studios between June 27, 2011 and July 4, 2011 by FINNTROLL and Nino Laurenne. "Nifelvind" was released in North America on March 9, 2010 via Century Media Records.