Eddie Trunk, the host of VH1 Classic's hit television program "That Metal Show", signed copies of his book, "Eddie Trunk's Essential Hard Rock And Heavy Metal", on April 1 at the Hard Rock Cafe in New York City and this past Tuesday (April 5) at Mendham Books in Mendham, New Jersey. Video footage from both events can now be viewed below."Eddie Trunk's Essential Hard Rock And Heavy Metal" was released on April 1 via Abrams. Featuring a foreword by JUDAS PRIEST singer Rob Halford, the 240-page book covers Trunk's favorite bands with a brief overview of their career highlights, the albums and songs that Eddie considers important and why, and many personal recollections of his experiences with these bands over the course of his career. Included in the book are Trunk's accounts of the following:
* The night GUNS N' ROSES frontman, Axl Rose, walked onto Eddie's radio show for his first public interview in 13 years
* What happened when JUDAS PRIEST played a private show for Eddie at his 25th anniversary in radio at the Hard Rock Café in Times Square
* How Eddie convinced TWISTED SISTER to get back together in 2001
* What it was like to get on stage with Ozzy Osbourne during his infamous tour with MÖTLEY CRÜE in 1984
* Eddie's longtime relationship with his close friend the late, great Ronnie James Dio
* Sharing cucumber sandwiches with Robert Plant in England
* Being one of the very first to play METALLICA on the radio in 1983 and being flown by the band to their induction ceremony at the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame
* Drunken nights and Mongolian barbeque with CHEAP TRICK
* Interviewing famous recluse drummer Neil Peart from RUSH
* Mediating a fight between Bret Michaels and his band POISON on air for VH1 Classic
* Joyriding in New Jersey with the guys from SKID ROW and helping to choose the band's first single, "Youth Gone Wild" The book also includes more of Eddie's audience-favorite "Stump the Trunk" anecdotes and trivia, as well as his favorite playlists. Whether you're a classic METALLICA or MEGADETH metalhead or prefer the hair metal of old-school BON JOVI or POISON, "Eddie Trunk's Essential Hard Rock And Heavy Metal" salutes all who are ready to rock!
Known as a "leading expert" on all things hard rock and heavy metal, Eddie Trunk continues to entertain fans on the radio and as the host of "That Metal Show" with his passion for music. Trunk is also heard on two weekly radio shows: "Eddie Trunk Live" on XM satellite radio, and "Friday Night Rocks", live in New York City. He lives in New Jersey. Said Slash (VELVET REVOLVER, GUNS N' ROSES): "Eddie Trunk is one of the greatest true rock and roll fans I've ever met. He hears it, sees it from all angles, with an unusually unbiased point of view. It's great that he has his own radio and TV shows and is able to engage rock fans from all over the world who appreciate rock and roll as much as he does!