DESTRUCTION bassist/vocalist Marcel "Schmier" Schirmer has issued a statement slamming record stores in Europe who have chosen to sell their recently released limited-edition double-CD version of their latest CD, "Metal Discharge", for a much higher price than originally intended.Says Schmier, "This is a very bad situation for the band and the label [Nuclear Blast Records]. We have offered the new limited edition [double-CD version of the album] for a very cool price to all the shops (2 for the prices of one!) and the retail traders, but some black sheeps take the chance to make some extra money, I guess!" "Please report this on our web site's forum section, so our label Nuclear Blast has the chance to put some pressure on those fuckin' thieves." "I think the fans should select where they buy an album anyways. If your store has shit prices, fuckin' [switch to another store] then!!! I personally would order it at the mail-order, it's all much cheaper! I know it takes some days, but at least you get a fair deal. And hey — why don't you blow up the motherfuckin' store that tries to fool YOU...hehehe... I guess that's what they call 'social market economy' — bullshit!" As previously reported, the double-CD edition of "Metal Discharge" features several bonus tracks not found on the regular version. The bonus cuts are as follows: 01. Killers (IRON MAIDEN)
02. Whiplash (METALLICA)
03. Fuck The U.S.A. (THE EXPLOITED)
04. Bestial Invasion (unreleased version 1999)
05. The Butcher Strikes Back (Demo 1999)
06. Nailed to the Cross (Demo 2001)
07. Metal Discharge (Demo 2003) "Metal Discharge", due in the U.S. on October 21 through Nuclear Blast Records, marks the recording debut with the group of new drummer Marc Reign, who replaced Sven Vormann in 2001.