The world premiere of DEF LEPPARD's new single, "Undefeated", took place earlier today (Tuesday, April 12) exclusively on Planet Rock's "Rob Birnie Show". The track is now available for streaming in the YouTube clip below."Undefeated" is taken from the band's new live album, "Mirrorball", and is one of three brand new studio recordings. The new album hits stores in the first week of June and contains two discs of live material, three new studio tracks, a DVD of live performances and a documentary about life on the road with the band. Be sure to tune in to DEF LEPPARD singer Joe Elliott's very own show every Saturday from 6 p.m., only on Planet Rock, on which he plays the music that inspired him over the years. "Mirrorball" is DEF LEPPARD's first-ever live album and features rock classics such as "Animal", "Pour Some Sugar On Me", "Photograph", "Nine Lives" and "Rock Of Ages". The album also brings together three brand new studio tracks — "Undefeated", "Kings Of The World" and "It's All About Believin'" — taking their place with ease within this classic setlist.
"When we decided to do (the live album), it just got said — I don't know by who — 'Why don't we chuck a couple of new songs on the end?' " frontman Joe Elliott told Billboard.com. "And that two became three, and in fairness it could've been four if we'd just had a little bit more time. But we wanted to tour this summer, so any fourth or fifth song we had brewing, we'll save them for the next record."
Elliott composed "Undefeated", which he described to Billboard.com as "a very QUEEN-type vocal thing. It even features piano and stuff." Guitarist Phil Collen's "It's All About Believin'" is "a pop-rock song," while bassist Rick Savage's "Kings Of The World" is "a big, epic, rock anthem that will sound great in arenas and stadiums all over the world — kind of 'We Will Rock You' with guitars, if you like."
"They're all very different to each other," Elliott added. "They don't sound specifically like any previous DEF LEPPARD songs, but they sound like DEF LEPPARD songs. They have to have our identity on them, otherwise they might as well be Tom Waits or R.E.M. We have a signature sound that we're not scared of anymore." "Mirrorball" track listing is as follows: Disc 1: 01. Rock! Rock! (Till You Drop)
04. C'Mon C'Mon
05. Make Love Like A Man
06. Too Late For Love
08. Nine Lives
09. Love Bites
10. Rock On Disc 2: 01. Two Steps Behind
02. Bringin' On The Heartbreak
03. Switch 625
05. Armageddon It
07. Pour Some Sugar On Me
08. Rock Of Ages
09. Let's Get Rocked
11. Bad Actress
12. Undefeated (new studio track)
13. Kings Of The World (new studio track)
14. It's All About Believin' (new studio track) "Mirrorball" will also be available online, marking the first time the band's music will officially be made available for digital purchase. DEF LEPPARD will also be releasing their new community based website in May, which is being developed to be the ultimate DEF LEPPARD fan experience and go-to destination for all things on the band. Also set for release this summer is LEPPARD's first coffee table book titled "Def Leppard - The Definitive Visual History", with exclusive photos by legendary rock photographer Ross Halfin. The book is released on June 1. "Mirrorball" will be released through Bludgeon Riffola/Mailboat Records on the following dates: Germany, Switzerland, Austria - June 3
Rest Of Europe - June 6
North America - coming this summer, exact date to be announced