Audio samples of two new songs from British hard rock legends DEEP PURPLE — "Hell To Pay" and "All The Time In The World" — can be streamed at Qobuz.com (click on "ÉCOUTER" next to each songtitle to hear the sample). Both tracks come off the band's 19th studio album, "Now What?!", which will be released via earMUSIC, the Hamburg, Germany-based international rock label which is part of Edel Group, on the following dates:* Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Finland, Spain: April 26
* UK, France, Benelux, Poland, Czech Republic, Norway, Denmark: April 29
* North America, Italy: April 30
* Sweden: May 1 Moscow radio station Rock FM will broadcast "Hell To Pay" and "All The Time In The World" on Monday, March 11. The tracks will air at 3:15 p.m. MSK and be repeated at 6:15 p.m. MSK. The same day a video teaser for "All The Time In The World" will be released on the official DEEP PURPLE YouTube channel. Rock FM broadcasts locally on 95.2 FM and online (worldwide) at Rockfm.ru (click on the white "play" button next to the station logo). After various songwriting sessions in Europe, the band recorded and mixed the album in Nashville, Tennessee with producer Bob Ezrin (KISS, PINK FLOYD, PETER GABRIEL, ALICE COOPER, KANSAS). The CD contain 11 tracks, including "Out Of Hand", "Weirdistan", "Uncommon Man" and "Above And Beyond". The latter song references the band's late keyboard player, Jon Lord, in the lyric "Souls having touched are forever entwined." According to a press release, "Now What?!" was recorded with no musical rules… and it shows a modern and fresh production… to the point that DEEP PURPLE have never sounded so close to the spirit of the '70s in the last 20 years as they do now. The CD has the excellence and elegance of "Perfect Strangers" and the wild freedom of "Made In Japan". "Now What?!" will also be released as a limited edition with a bonus DVD featuring DEEP PURPLE discussing the new album and one bonus studio cover version. It will also be made available as a double vinyl LP. The first taste of "Now What?!" will be the release of a double A-side single on March 29 (as a limited and numbered vinyl seven-inch, CD single and digital download). Seven-inch vinyl (limited to 1000 numbered copies) Side A: 01. Hell To Pay (radio edit) Side B: 01. All The Time In The World (radio mix; edit) CD Single 01. All The Time In The World (radio mix; edit)
02. Hell To Pay (radio edit)
03. Perfect Strangers (bonus track live)
04. Rapture Of The Deep (bonus track live) DEEP PURPLE's 18th studio album, "Rapture of the Deep", was released in November 2005. It was the fourth studio CD from DEEP PURPLE since guitarist Steve Morse joined the band in 1994. It was also the second album to feature veteran keyboardist Don Airey. "Rapture of the Deep" was produced by Mike Bradford, who also worked on the band's previous release, 2003's "Bananas".
(Thanks: Deep Purple Italia)