MEGADETH's Dave Mustaine spoke to Rolling Stone about what people can expect from the Megadeth Boot Camp, a once-in-a-lifetime experience for the ultimate fan. The epic weekend will take place on Mustaine's private estate in Fallbrook, California the weekend of March 10-12.
There are several "experience packages" available, with prices ranging from $1999 to $5499.
Regarding his plans to host a "Megadeth Church" at the event, Mustaine said: "Well, [bassist] David Ellefson is a pastor. We'll do a small churchy kind of thing, so that David can feel connected with them.
"I was thinking, what's the greatest way for David to feel complete with everyone? I figured it would be great if he came and did a twelve-step thing and leaves. That way it's a super personal way for people to connect with him, because if I was going to allow someone to connect with me on a more personal level, there really is no better way."
Asked what he wants people to take away from this experience, Mustaine said: "Certainly none of the furniture. [Laughs] The thing I'd most like people to take away from this is that we're good people. We want everyone to have fun and enjoy an intimate experience with us and learn a little bit about who we are and what we do.
"We did something like this before, and I was thinking about the [guitar and drum] lessons we give, so I hope everybody feels like they get their money's worth. I've been talking with Kiko [Loureiro, guitar] about how he does his clinics. We're talking about making them much more in-depth. I'm going to do a private clinic for a half an hour."
Mustaine recently told Q104.3's Jonathan Clarke that the Megadeth Boot Camp will also include "a meditational program" with Ellefson, who has twenty-five years in a twelve-step program and who is a pastor.
Regarding the accommodation for the "campers," Mustaine said: "We're allowing people to camp on my premises. We have a bunch of really first-class tents that are going on there. And if you don't wanna be doing it that way — you know, 'glamping' [laughs] — there's a casino right down the road where we're working together with them. And there's gonna be a trip going to the vineyard where our wine is made, and there's gonna be a tour of that. So it's an all-around great experience."
The "Mustaine Estate Package + Megadeth Boot Camp" will get you the following:
* Stay on-site in a private furnished bell tent with beds at the Mustaine Estate in Fallbrook, California Friday - Sunday
* Includes: Full bed with mattress and bedding, wool blanket, throw pillow, lounge furniture, area rug, side table, and a battery-operated lantern.
* Exclusive welcome gift
* Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner provided on-site at Mustaine Estate
* Access to on-site private shower trailers and VIP restrooms
* Access to workshops and activities of your choice throughout the weekend
* Access to intimate acoustic performance by MEGADETH
* Preferred seating to campfire stories with MEGADETH
* Priority access to off-site wine tasting with Dave Mustaine (approx. 45 min away)
* Access to gardens and rock n' roll library on-site throughout the weekend
* On-site paparazzi to capture all your unforgettable moments
* Commemorative Megadeth Boot Camp laminate
For more information, visit megadethbootcamp.com.