Norway's DØDHEIMSGARD (DHG) has been rejoined by vocalist Kvohst (a.k.a. Mat McNerney) and is currently working on material for a new album. According to a posting on the group's MySpace page, "Vicotnik [guitar, vocals] and Kvohst have turned a thousand burdens into 30 new tunes and texts. Once they are given an unclean bill of health, a new album will be discharged and released."
In other news, DØDHEIMSGARD has two new members — Terghl on drums and Blargh (NIDINGR) on guitar. The band states, "Both Terghl and Blargh have perfected their individual crafts for years and have had extensive band-experience before joining the DHG asylum. Both are looking forward to their new existence as unproductive members of society."
DØDHEIMSGARD 2010 is:
* Vicotnik (a.k.a. Yusaf Parvez; CODE, VED BUENS ENDE, MANES, NAER MATARON, APHRODISIAC, STRID) - Guitar, Vocals
* Kvohst (a.k.a. Mat McNerney; VOID, THE TRAGEDIANS, CODE, GANGRENATOR, DECREPIT SPECTRE, HEXVESSEL, BEASTMILK, ISRATHOUM) - Vocals
* Blargh (CORE, GRAVFERD, NIDINGR) - Guitar
* Clandestine (a.k.a. Kristian Eidskrem; PARADIGMA) - Bass
* Terghl - Drums
* Jormundgand (DEN SAAKALDTE) - Keyboards
DØDHEIMSGARD has been confirmed for next year's edition of Hellfest, set to take place June 17-19, 2010 in Clisson, France.
DØDHEIMSGARD's last album, "Supervillain Outcast", was released in April 2007 via Moonfog/The End Records. The CD was the follow-up to the critically acclaimed 1999 release "666 International", a sonically-charged rollercoaster ride of avant-garde chaos and intense black metal drive and atmosphere. The album, which ended up on many critics' Top 10 lists, helped inject the black metal music scene with something unique and groundbreaking the year of its release.