Cleveland. Ohio-based metallers CHIMAIRA have announced a massive crowdfunding campaign surrounding the release of their brand new LP, "Crown Of Phantoms". The CD will be released on Tuesday, July 30 via eOne Music.The band is seeking support for a special fan-edition CD/DVD. This edition and its perks will only be available to campaign supporters and will not be sold anywhere else. Specifically, supporters will be contributing to the following: * Two narrative music videos
* A behind-the-scenes making-of documentary, "Crown Of Phantoms"
* Seven additional tracks exclusive to the fan edition
* Various behind-the-scenes videos
* Expanded version of "Dr. Z" with fan-determined ending
* Full-length album commentary that features dialog from all the band members as they listen to the record start to finish
* Graphic art storyboards created specifically for the music videos included in the fan-edition booklet
* Original artwork and packaging exclusive to the fan edition To further conceptualize their plan, the band has released a video explaining, with some satire, the details of their campaign along with a sneak peek of a brand new track called "Kings Of The Shadow World" and a visual display of the many creative perks they're offering to contributors. Comments CHIMAIRA frontman Mark Hunter: "When I started this band, I had a desire to make extremely heavy, eclectic metal. Nothing has changed in that regard. I wanted to merge all the styles I loved into a hybrid of sounds. Having the chance to reinvent the group gave me the opportunity to work with unbelievable players and take the essence of CHIMAIRA to uncharted territory. Assembling the right team was essential to creating what I feel is some of the craziest and most passionate music I've had the pleasure to be a part of. The past defines us while the present refines us." In a 2012 interview with Metal Insider, Hunter stated about CHIMAIRA's plans for the new CD: ""We want to come out with an album that not only captures the essence of what the fans have grown to know over the years, but we want to do something not only for the scene that's special, but for musicians out there, too. The musicianship in this band now is definitely on the next level. Everyone's pretty much a virtuoso at their instrument. Some of the stuff Emil [Werstler, guitar] was writing yesterday on this new song, I'm watching him play and I'm like, 'There are only going to be about a handful of people that'll able to play this!' [laughs] I'm imagining like a kid getting home, getting our new record and maybe they have the guitar, and they go sit down and try play along to it. And it's going to take them a very long time. [laughs]" He added: "We couldn't be happier moving forward. It sucks that we had to go through hell — no pun intended — to get to where we are now. But I think all of us, coming from lessons of life, lessons of bands, lessons of the industry, we've lived and learned and now we have something completely different to prove." CHIMAIRA's current lineup is as follows: Mark Hunter - Vocals
Matt Szlachta (DIRGE WITHIN) - Guitar
Jeremy Creamer (DAATH) - Bass
Emil Werstler (DAATH) - Guitar
Sean Zatorsky (DAATH) - Keyboards
Austin D'Amond (BLEED THE SKY, THE ELITE) - Drums CHIMAIRA's last album, "The Age Of Hell", sold more than 7,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 54 on The Billboard 200 chart. The band's previous CD, "The Infection", opened with 15,000 units back in April 2009 to land at No. 30. This figure was roughly in line with the first-week tally registered by CHIMAIRA's 2007 album, "Resurrection", which shifted 16,000 copies to enter the chart at No. 42. "The Age Of Hell" was released in August 2011 in the U.S. via eOne Music and in Europe through Long Branch Records.