Alexi Laiho of Finnish metallers CHILDREN OF BODOM is turning the Senate Square in Helsinki, Finland into an amazing metal arena. Alexi is composing a commissioned song for the Helsinki Festival, and he is inviting 100 electric guitarists to join him in performing it on the big stage on August 14 at 6:00 p.m.In the video below, Alexi plays a short riff that he wants to see and hear you play in your audition video. From the auditions, he will pick 100 guitarists to play with him on the Senate Square in Helsinki. Alexi's core backing band for the performance will consist of the following musicians: * Kie Von Hertzen (VON HERTZEN BROTHERS, DON HUONOT) - Guitar
* Archie Cruz (SANTA CRUZ) - Guitar
* Samy Elbanna (LOST SOCIETY) - Guitar
* Timo Kämäräinen (TOOT TOOT) - Guitar
* Tommy Armstrong-Leavitt - Guitar
* Jyri Helko (FOR THE IMPERIUM) - Bass
* Janne Wirman (CHILDREN OF BODOM) - Keyboards
* Jaska Raatikainen (CHILDREN OF BODOM) - Drums For more information, visit www.100guitarsfromhel.fi. CHILDREN OF BODOM recently entered an as-yet-undisclosed studio to begin recording its ninth album, due later in the year. CHILDREN OF BODOM's last CD, "Halo Of Blood", was certified gold in Finland for sales in excess of 10,000 copies. The effort, which sold 8,400 copies in the United States in its first week of release, was made available in June 2013 in North America via Nuclear Blast Records. The cover art was created by Sami Saramäki, who was responsible for the artwork on previous CHILDREN OF BODOM albums "Follow The Reaper", "Are You Dead Yet?" and "Hate Crew Deathroll".