CANDLEMASS, HAMMERFALL, HARDCORE SUPERSTAR and WOLF are among the artists that are competing for the "Best Hard Rock" honor at the Swedish Grammis awards, which will be held January 15, 2010 at Münchenbryggeriet in Stockholm. The bands are all in the running to be nominated for their most recent releases, all of which came out during 2009.
The award is based partly on votes. Of the ten acts in the running, only five will be nominated as official candidates for the award.
The following artists are up for a nomination:
* CANDLEMASS - Death Magic Doom
* CRUCIFIED BARBARA - 'Til Death Do Us Party
* DEAD BY APRIL - Dead By April
* HAMMERFALL - No Sacrifice, No Victory
* HARDCORE SUPERSTAR - Beg For It
* LILLASYSTER - Det Här Är Inte Musik, Det Här Är Kärlek
* MUSTASCH - Mustasch
* RAISED FIST - Veil Of Ignorance
* RENEGADE FIVE - Undergrounded Universe
* WOLF - Ravenous
The final nominees in each category will be announced on December 16.
Last year's Grammis award in the "Best Hard Rock" category was won by IN FLAMES for the band's "A Sense Of Purpose" CD. The band also performed the song "Alias" during the ceremony, which was broadcast live on Swedish national channel TV4.
IN FLAMES was presented with the award by Joey Tempest, singer for the reactivated Swedish hard rock band EUROPE.
For more information (in Swedish), visit www.grammis.se.