BLACK SABBATH won three awards at last night's (Thursday, November 14) ninth annual Classic Rock Roll Of Honour at London, England's Roundhouse. They took home "Album Of The Year" for comeback CD "13", "Event Of The Year" for reaching No. 1 after 43 years, and the previously announced "Living Legends" award. Singer Ozzy Osbourne, guitarist Tony Iommi and bassist Geezer Butler were present at the venue to celebrate what the frontman called a "shock year."
Osbourne said: "I never thought I'd be standing here, what, 45 years later? It's an incredible event for us all. We're still in shock. It's been an incredible year, after I spent all those earlier ones trying to kill myself."
Iommi added: "Thanks for everything. It's great to see all these old and new faces."
Jimmy Page accepted the "Film Of The Year" award for LED ZEPPELIN concert movie "Celebration Day", saying: "It was a great concert and we got the energy into the video — well, the DVD… and the Blu-ray. I'm here on behalf of the band and I thank you on their behalf."
Classic Rock Roll Of Honour winners:
* Best New Band: THE TEMPERANCE MOVEMENT
* Reissue Of The Year: FLEETWOOD MAC - "Rumours" 35th-Anniversary Edition
* Film Of The Year: LED ZEPPELIN - "Celebration Day"
* Album Of The Year: BLACK SABBATH - "13"
* Band Of The Year: THE ROLLING STONES
* Breakthrough: THE VIRGINMARYS
* Spirit Of Prog: Alex Lifeson (RUSH)
* Event Of The Year: BLACK SABBATH hits No. 1 after 43 years
* Innovator: Wilko Johnson
* Musicians' Union Maestro: James Dean Bradfield (MANIC STREET PREACHERS)
* Classic Album: "Blues Breakers With Eric Clapton" by John Mayall
* Showman: THE DARKNESS
* Outstanding Contribution: MOTT THE HOOPLE
* Metal Guru: Zakk Wylde (BLACK LABEL SOCIETY, OZZY OSBOURNE)
* VIP: Shep Gordon
* Tommy Vance Inspiration: Rory Gallagher
* Living Legends: BLACK SABBATH