France's Loud TV recently conducted an interview with vocalist Angela Gossow of Swedish/German extreme metallers ARCH ENEMY. You can now watch the first part of the chat below.ARCH ENEMY has teamed up with the German edition of Metal Hammer magazine (out now) and Sweden's Close Up Magazine (out May 3) to offer you the perfect appetizer for the upcoming album, "Khaos Legions", which will be in stores later this spring all across Europe. Both magazines are featuring a special ARCH ENEMY CD compilation with the title "Dawn Of Khaos", which includes two exclusive new songs of their upcoming album, "Khaos Legions", a rare KISS cover song, two previously unreleased live tracks and seven classic songs taken from previous ARCH ENEMY albums.
The track listing is as follows: 01. Yesterday Is Dead And Gone (new song)
02. No Gods, No Masters (new song)
03. The Oath (KISS cover)
04. My Apocalypse ("Doomsday Machine", 2005)
05. Nemesis ("Doomsday Machine", 2005)
06. Dead Eyes See No Future ("Tyrants Of The Rising Sun – Live", 2008)
07. We Will Rise ("Anthems Of Rebellion", 2003)
08. Revolution Begins ("Rise Of The Tyrant", 2007)
09. Ravenous ("Wages Of Sin", 2001)
10. Beast Of Man ("The Root Of All Evil", 2009)
11. Dark Insanity (Live From Metal Female Voices Festival, 2010)
12. I Will Live Again (Live From Metal Female Voices Festival, 2010)
"We are proud that our Swedish brothers in metal return with another great album! And we are glad to present two new songs and 10 more tracks in our upcoming magazine," said Robban Becirovic, chief editor of Close-Up Magazine.
"Khaos Legions" will be released on May 30 in Europe and June 7 in the U.S. via Century Media Records. The CD will mark the band's return to new, original material, after the release of the "Tyrants Of The Rising Sun - Live In Japan" live DVD/CD (2008) and the re-recordings album, "The Root Of All Evil" (2009). The effort was tracked at Sweet Spot Studio in the south of Sweden with engineer Rickard Bengtsson (who produced 2005's "Doomsday Machine"). The "Khaos Legions" artwork, which comes courtesy of renowned artist Brent Elliott White (MEGADETH, DEATH ANGEL), can be viewed below. "Khaos Legions" track listing: 01. Khaos Overture (instrumental)
02. Yesterday Is Dead And Gone
03. Bloodstained Cross
04. Under Black Flags We March
05. No Gods, No Masters
06. City Of The Dead
07. Through The Eyes Of A Raven
08. Cruelty Without Beauty
09. We Are A Godless Entity (instrumental)
10. Cult Of Chaos
11. Thorns In My Flesh
12. Turn To Dust (instrumental)
13. Vengeance Is Mine
15. The Zoo
16. Snow Bound (acoustic) The song "Yesterday Is Dead And Gone" is available for free download at this location. ARCH ENEMY drummer Daniel Erlandsson previously stated about the new CD, "We had a very inspiring and creative time writing this album. I think this is definitely evident when listening to the new songs. There's tons of variation in the material, ranging all the way from very melodic to extremely heavy. "As you can expect there's no shortage of killer riffs and intricate guitar work; the Amott brothers [Michael and Chris] have come up with some very cool yet demanding ideas! "This album has some of the fastest songs I've ever recorded, along with a bunch of heavy pounding mid-tempo songs. "As always, it's difficult to describe music in words, but rest assured — this album will be one heavy fucker!" ARCH ENEMY debuted two brand new songs — "No Gods, No Masters" and "Yesterday Is Dead And Gone" — during its very special and intimate showcase on March 14 in Wermelskirchen, Germany at the AJZ Bahndamm, a self-governed youth center which is well known for its various underground metal, punk and hardcore shows with a capacity of 200 people.
The Wermelskirchen show kicked off the campaign for "Khaos Legions". Only 150 die-hard fans plus journalists from all over Europe witnessed the worldwide premiere of two new songs from the upcoming album. It was hot, it was sweaty and it smelled like "khaos."
You can see photos of this very remarkable event at this location . Loud TV interview - Part 1: